Solve the mystery of the body in the bag
On Saturday 22 January 2000, two men found a small holdall, abandoned on an industrial estate in the north of Sheffield. Upon opening the bag they made a gruesome discovery. A badly decomposed body.
Who was this person? Why did they die? Where had the body been stored all of this time?
On this course from The University of Sheffield, you’ll learn alongside the experts who worked to determine the identity of Mr. X. You’ll discover the forensic science techniques that were used to identify the body and understand the circumstances surrounding their death.
What topics will you cover?
- An introduction to the study of Forensic Anatomy.
- How to analyse a skull to determine a person’s sex and ethnicity.
- The circumstances under which a facial reconstruction would be necessary.
- The key muscles groups of the face and the order in which they are applied to a skull in a facial reconstruction.
- How the facial reconstruction method relates to the broader field of forensic work.