Understand what the GDPR means for you as data subject, controller or processor.
In 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), aiming to improve data protection for individuals across the EU, will become directly applicable. Organisations will need to be compliant with the new rules and should act immediately.
By developing good knowledge of the GDPR and understanding how it will affect you, you will learn about the first steps for making your organisation compliant and can immediately start taking them. You will explore data subjects’ rights, data controllers’ and processors’ obligations, and enforcement and compliance notions in the context of the Regulation.
What topics will you cover?
- General principles and basic concepts of the GDPR
- Key actors under the GDPR and their role
- Rights of data subjects
- Obligations of data controllers and processors and law compliance measures
- Enforcement and compliance mechanisms
- Liabilities and sanctions